- This event has passed.
BEYOND SOUL FOOD: A Re-imagining Healthcare & Wellness Forum
November 23, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 2:00 pmFree
About this Event
Join us for an interactive day of presenters, panelists, workshops and community engagement around Alimentation that will include the following and more:
- Examining the earth we stand on: the importance of healthy soil.
- So, where exactly does our food come from? Unpacking the food industrial complex.
- Social & emotional benefits of communal gardening, harvesting together, preparing food and eating meals together.
- Resource table to include information on local Black-owned businesses that support wellness and healthy food consumption.
- Hands on workshops from local food specialists.
- “Natural Market” with Tallah Farms (herbal skin salves), NISSI Naturals (natural skin care products), Ivyee’s (honey products) and Natasha’s Homemade Body Butter
Lunch will be served
THE WELLNESS COLLABORATIVE, INC recognizes that health disparities have a disproportionate impact on communities of color. Our public forums provide a safe space to gather, grow and heal. Open to all.