Every person’s voice should be heard – and having our community’s interests strongly represented will help secure more resources for our neighborhood.
We work to foster and support the leadership capacity of MPDC property residents as well as the broader lower Roxbury neighborhood in order to amplify the voices of the neighborhood and cultivate the skills needed among residents to fight for decision-making power within the community. We are committed to build and foster coalitions in order to bring people together to educate, mobilize, and participate in federal, state, and local advocacy campaigns and elections. We do this by,
· Convening Rox Vote Coalition, convener of local community based organization in an effort to increase voter turnout in Roxbury and hold events to showcase candidates running for office
· Building and foster relationships with MPDC residents
· Maintaining presence programs/events within Roxbury
· Engaging in advocacy efforts focused on housing and issues impacting our residents, Roxbury, and the broader community through our membership with MACDC
· Leading resident trainings on advocacy, community organizing, civics, and Get Out the Vote efforts
· Developing and support maintaining Resident Associations led by residents
· Working closely with community-based organizations such as MA Voter Table and others on Get Out The Vote efforts in Roxbury
· Collaborating with property management companies to ensure that the overall mission and vision for residents living in our properties.
To Learn More, Please contact Javier Gutierrez / 617.849.6322